- Team building and talent development to support financial investment and technologies
- Financial technologies and platform development, which include financial investment products and system development, financial exchange system, algo trading platform, as well as risk assessment and management system development with state of the art technologies like Artificial Intelligence, Big Data, and Big Data Stream Management
- Development of solutions for clients under tight schedule and within budget
- Preparation of technical papers, reports, and patents
- Planning and administration of the R&D team
- Relationship and business development with financial industry
- Connections and talent development with universities in both Hong Kong and China
- Relationship development with government and other funding agencies
- Development of reputation in the financial investment community
- Ph.D. in Finance/Mathematics/Science/Engineering or related disciplines, good mathematical and analytical skills, strong background in both research and financial industry practice. At least 15 years of relevant experience is required.
- Wide spectrum financial industry knowledge and experience, analytical and mathematical skills, as well as financial markets/products.
- More than 10 years of experience in financial model or algorithm development for financial products, algo trading and high frequency trading, as well as risk assessment and management
- Substantial amount of experience in financial product and trading strategies development
- Substantial amount of consulting experience in building solutions for financial institutions
- Deep understanding of financial engineering technologies with industry track record
- Deep understanding of the financial markets and have good connections with key financial institutions in both Hong Kong SAR and China
- Able to bring in funding from both government and industry with track record with good proposal writing and presentation skills
- Able to keep abreast with the latest financial industry and technologies
- Good command in written and speaking English
- Experience in financial industry as senior executive is a plus
Appointment will be on renewable contract terms with a competitive salary and performance-linked variable pay. Fringe benefits include paid leave, medical and dental benefits, insurance coverage and contribution to MPF. The incumbent will normally work under a five-day week schedule. Interested candidates should send application (quoting Ref. No.) with detailed resume and, current and expected salary to the HR Department by email (preferable) or post no later than : 15 January 2017 Email: [email protected] Post: 5/F, Photonics Centre, 2 Science Park East Avenue, Hong Kong Science Park, Shatin, Hong Kong. Only short-listed candidates will be notified. Personal data provided by applicants will be used for recruitment purposes only.