It is applied across six core areas which are Smart City, Financial Technologies, Intelligent Manufacturing and Re-Industrialization, Digital Health, Application Specific Integrated Circuits, and Metaverse.
Over the years, ASTRI has nurtured a pool of research, I&T talents and received numerous international awards for its pioneering innovations as well as outstanding business and community contributions. To date, ASTRI has transferred over 800 technologies to the industries and been granted more than 900 patents in the Mainland, the US, and other countries.
To support our constant endeavour to position Hong Kong as a world-class smart city and an international hub of innovation and technology, we are seeking qualified professionals to fill the following position(s):
- Serve as the leader of Emerging Systems Core Competency Group (ESYS CCG), focusing on the new standard-based wireless system technologies, mainly those defined by 3GPP for mainstream 5G and beyond, with the responsibility of driving key innovations in emerging systems, critical to designing commercial grade solutions at ASTRI
- Drive the scalability and efficiency, in close collaboration with Baseband Solutions (BSOL) and Medium Access Control & Intelligent Solutions (MACI) CCGs, to commercialize 5G O-RAN products, enabling applications in Smart Mobility, Metaverse and Intelligent Manufacturing, among others
- Work with HQ’s teams, such as Client Development (CD), CMO, Business Operations Office (BOO), CFO and HR, to facilitate cross-team collaboration and enrich our technology portfolio with efficiency and ASTRI branding
- Serve as an interface to key standardization bodies and upstream research channels to assist Communications Technologies Technology Division (CT TD) leader in formulation technology roadmap
- Serve as a champion for recruiting the next generation of ASTRIANS to establish our long-term sustainability
- Ph.D. in EE with 10+ years of experiences
- Track record in commercializing 4G and 5G algorithms and systems design in competitive products such as small cells
- Experiences in leading a development team of 15+ professionals, with ability to work across teams (including embedded software/firmware design team, protocol stack and MAC/intelligent application team, as well as ecosystem partners) of 40+ developers
- Ability to work synergistically with collaborators inside and outside his/her own team
- Excellent communications ability in English and Putonghua, fluency in Cantonese a plus
- Ability to define and formulate technology roadmap and lead the team to achieve long-term development through well-executed platform projects with significant industry contribution and project income
- Lives ASTRI values
The appointment will be on renewable contract terms with a competitive salary and performance-linked variable pay. Fringe benefits include paid leave, medical and dental benefits, insurance coverage and contribution to MPF. The incumbent will normally work a five-day week.
Interested candidates, please send an application (quoting Ref. No.) with a detailed resume, current and expected salary to Talent Acquisition via email to [email protected]. The resume should not include any sensitive personal information such as HKID or passport number, photo, etc.
Position offer is subject to the applicant’s experience and academic qualification. The application will be open until the position is filled. Only short-listed candidates will be notified. ASTRI reserves the right not to fill the position.