It is applied across six core areas which are Smart City, Financial Technologies, Intelligent Manufacturing and Re-Industrialization, Digital Health, Application Specific Integrated Circuits, and Metaverse.
Over the years, ASTRI has nurtured a pool of research, I&T talents and received numerous international awards for its pioneering innovations as well as outstanding business and community contributions. To date, ASTRI has transferred over 800 technologies to the industries and been granted more than 900 patents in the Mainland, the US, and other countries.
- Report to CEO and be a member of the leadership team
- Build and nurture an ecosystem for technology transfer and commercialization of upstream fundamental research conducted by universities and InnoHK entities
- Foster ASTRI’s leading position in contributing and driving collaborations within the ecosystem, with an aim to maximize the commercialization and societal impact of the research outcomes of universities and InnoHK entities
- Explore untapped collaboration opportunities between ASTRI and universities/ InnoHK entities by capitalizing ASTRI’s expertise in commercialization and applied research, as well as its suite of background IP
- Create an ecosystem for building and grooming an ICT talent pool for public and private tech companies in Hong Kong and explore alternative funding sources to support the ecosystem
- Lead the development of overall strategy of ASTRI and the management of Intellectual Properties in support of the collaborations with Knowledge Transfer Office (KTO) of universities.
- Initiate and execute new strategies of ASTRI to enhance ASTRI for supporting the I&T ecosystem
- Be the ecosystem representative of ASTRI on public connections and public speeches
- Support the execution of corporate strategies and ad hoc assignments as directed by the CEO
- Develop the technology talent ecosystem including enhancing overseas and Mainland technology talent to work in Hong Kong and GBA
- Enhance the technology ecosystem of Hong Kong, including but not limited to:
- FinTech and Metaverse
- Smart City
- IoT, sensing, optics and reindustrialisation
- AI, Big Data and Digital Health
- 5G and C-V2X
- Bachelor’s degree with at least 10 years’ work experience
- MBA a plus
- Well versed in the ICT ecosystem in Hong Kong and have a strong network with stakeholders in the ecosystem
- Experience in working with universities preferably with Technology Transfer Offices
- Experience in working with government especially on Innovation and Technology a plus
- Proven abilities in stakeholder management and driving collaborations and partnerships
- Assertive, resilient and organized leader of high integrity, with a sound business acumen and judgement
- Excellent negotiation and influencing skills. Able to work independently and under pressure
- Highly motivated and aggressive
- Proficient in Cantonese, Putonghua and English
- Lives ASTRI values
Appointment will be on renewable contract terms with a competitive salary and performance-linked variable pay. Fringe benefits include paid leave, medical and dental benefits, insurance coverage and contribution to MPF. The incumbent will normally work under a five-day week schedule.
Interested candidates should send application (quoting Ref. No.) with detailed resume and, current and expected salary to the HR Department by email (preferable) or post no later than :
Email: [email protected]
Post: 5/F, Photonics Centre, 2 Science Park East Avenue,
Hong Kong Science Park, Shatin, Hong Kong.
Only short-listed candidates will be notified. Personal data provided by applicants will be used for recruitment purposes only.