- Enhance the team’s technology ability on the 3D imaging, machine learning, and computer vision fields
- Provide project service, help to solve the technique issues encountered during the project and instruct on algorithm model improvement.
- Consultancy on 3D imaging, machine learning, augmented reality, etc. industry direction and academic research scope. Help formulate and focus ASTRI R&D direction.
- Bi-weekly phone call meeting with the team.
- Offer guidance and advice to software implementation guidance for the following technologies:
- 3D object detection
- Image segmentation
- At least three technical lectures related to 3D imaging and machine learning
- Technology trend on machine learning/deep learning for computer vision
- Comparison of 3D object detection (e.g. ObjectNet3D, Pacal3D+, pix3D, etc.)
- 3D semantic segmentation by deep learning and SLAM
- A final report of “A survey and future directions of 3D imaging for advanced augmented applications”, including:
- 3D object detection and pose estimation for mixed reality application
- Semantic segmentation for AR-based indoor navigation
- Ph.D. Degree in Computer Vision or related disciplines
- 15+ years of active research experience in HiTech companies or computer vision related research
- Both industry and academic research experience is highly preferred; can understand the requirement, formulate the problem, and propose innovative solutions addressing the problem effectively
- Strong mathematical modeling and performance analysis capability including 3D imaging, image segmentation and machine learning.
- Good understanding and appreciation of algorithmic level fine tuning versus system-level performance optimization – various tradeoff, parameters, adjustment, and modeling effects etc.
- Broad knowledge and connection in the community – keep abreast of the state of art of the latest progress, other industry players approach and academic R&D direction.
Interested candidates please send application (quoting Ref. No.) with detailed resume, current and expected salary to Talent Acquisition via email to [email protected]
Only short-listed candidates will be notified. ASTRI reserves the right not to fill the position.
ASTRI is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used exclusively for recruitment only.