- Setting the overall R&D strategy, roadmap and direction; assisting CEO on technology and product roadmap for ASTRI to stay at the forefront of scientific advancement;
- Manage the overall R&D teams and projects with KPI setting and other metrics;
- Actively involved in internal vetting committees on project selections and other committees necessary for the R&D operations;
- Develop new collaboration opportunities and joint technology development with universities, institutions and industry partners globally; set overall industries network strategies;
- Function as Technology Committee (“TC”) Secretary providing thought leadership and secretariat support to the TC and to the Technology Review Panel Chairman;
- Foster collaboration with industry and tertiary institutions to advance R&D capability and enhance HK’s competitive edge;
- Collaborate with COO and CFO to define corporate direction and budget planning.
- PhD in a relevant science or engineering discipline is desirable;
- 20+ years’ experience in research and development, and in project management;
- Successful record in senior R&D management and technical leadership with reputable organizations; extensive experience in working as an industrialist is preferred;
- Being a highly respected technical leader in local and international technical communities;
- Experience with IP and patent portfolio management a plus;
- Good understanding of China and worldwide markets and technology trends;
- Experience in commercialization of R&D outcomes an advantage;
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, including the skill to influence people without direct authority;
- Proven ability in dealing with key stakeholders effectively;
- Lives ASTRI values.
The appointment will be on renewable contract terms with a competitive salary and performance-linked variable pay. Fringe benefits include paid leave, medical and dental benefits, insurance coverage and contribution to MPF. The incumbent will normally work a five-day week.
Interested candidates please send application (quoting Ref. No.) with detailed resume, current and expected salary to Talent Acquisition by email. Or you may contact
San Lee, Head of Talent Acquisition on +852 3406 2888 for a confidential discussion. For Application, please email to: [email protected]
Application will be open until the position is filled. Only short-listed candidates will be notified. ASTRI reserves the right not to fill the position.
ASTRI is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used exclusively for recruitment only.