ASTRI’s core R&D competence is organised under five Technology Divisions: Artificial Intelligence and Big Data Analytics; Communications; Cybersecurity, Cryptography and Trusted Technologies; Integrated Circuits and Systems; IoT and Sensors. Its R&D strategic focus covers five areas of applications: Smart City, Financial Technologies, Intelligent Manufacturing, Health Technologies, and Application Specific Integrated Circuits.
In 2006, ASTRI was designated as the R&D Centre for Information and Communications Technologies. In 2012, ASTRI established the first-ever Hong Kong Branch of the Chinese National Engineering Research Centre (CNERC) for Application Specific Integrated Circuit System in collaboration with Southeast University in Nanjing.
Details of ASTRI can be found at www.astri.org.
- to formulate effective strategies, business plans and technology roadmaps for ASTRI, and make recommendations to the Board of Directors on implementation programmes for the realisation of ASTRI’s public mission;
- to provide strong leadership in the development of ASTRI as an organisation of technological and management excellence;
- to build ASTRI’s R&D capability, uphold the quality of project proposals and deliverables, develop and manage ASTRI’s high-impact R&D programmes, and attract high calibre researchers to join ASTRI in these endeavours;
- to implement an effective strategy for driving the commercialisation/realisation of R&D results and transferring the technologies developed by ASTRI to the industry;
- to develop a management structure and implement management practices of a high standard in relation to risk management, corporate governance and public accountability;
- to achieve the key performance indicators and other targets set by the Board of Directors;
- to engage industry, universities and industry support organisations in Hong Kong to create synergy and optimise ASTRI’s contribution; and
- to manage the day-to-day operation of ASTRI so that it has a motivated work force and is operating within budgets.
- Significant experience in leadership positions with P&L accountabilities, in multi-disciplinary, multinational companies/business organisations where the development, application and commercialisation of technologies is a key driver of success;
- Proven people management, communications, team building, stakeholder engagement and resource allocation skills;
- Strong management skills and rich experience in strategic business development, marketing and change management;
- While deep specialist knowledge in any particular technology is not required, a higher degree in science and technology will be highly desirable;
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of global technological and market trends with a good network of contacts in business and technology circles in Hong Kong, Mainland China, and internationally;
- Ability to work with different sectors and stakeholders effectively, including but not limited to the Board, government officials, staff, industrial/technological communities, business, financial, academic and public sectors, as well as the media;
- Passion for and belief in innovation and technological development in Hong Kong, with a deep desire to make it happen; and
- Proficiency in the Chinese language (Cantonese and Putonghua) is strongly preferred.
The Hong Kong Applied Science and Technology Research Institute Company Limited is being represented in this search by Asianet Consultants (HK) Ltd. Please submit nominations or applications on or before 18 February 2021 to:
Mr. Peter Liu
Managing Director, Asianet Consultants (HK) Ltd.
702-704, 7/F Wilson House, 19 – 27 Wyndham Street, Central, Hong Kong
Email: [email protected]