Over the years, ASTRI has nurtured a pool of research, I&T talents and received numerous international awards for its pioneering innovations as well as outstanding business and community contributions. To date, ASTRI has transferred over 800 technologies to the industries and been granted more than 900 patents in the Mainland, the US, and other countries.
To support our constant endeavour to position Hong Kong as a world-class smart city and an international hub of innovation and technology, we are seeking qualified professionals to fill the following position(s):
- Participate in and contribute to digital front-end (DFE) design, system verifications and radio frequency (RF) integration of ASTRI 5G baseband unit and radio unit from RFIC companies
- Support 5G complete solutions in ASTRI’s 5G/6G R&D projects. Engage in activities including the followings:
- Perform computer-aided simulation/analysis
- Participate in DFE design and review sessions
- Provide support for DSP/FPGA implementation on DFE
- Configure, verify and troubleshoot for signal measurements with test equipment such as signal generators/analysers and spectrum analysers
- Cooperate closely with RFIC companies and provide system support for RF integration in both sub-6 and mmWave systems
- Provide technical contributions towards proprietary or public air interface specifications
- Serve as project coordinator (PC) of ITF/non-ITF research project to drive innovation in 5G and beyond communication systems
- Master’s or Doctorate degree holder in Electronic Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or relevant disciplines with minimum 5 years of related experiences
- Candidate with fewer experiences may also be considered
- Experienced candidates will be managing the engineering team to achieve target design goals
- Proven track record with radio frequency problem solving and hands-on experience in design, development, testing, standardization and evaluation of digital wireless systems (e.g., 5G/NR, 5G beyond, LTE, V2X, NB-IoT, Wi-Fi) will be an advantage
- Extensive knowledge of radio communication theory and digital signal processing, as well as solid background in cellular communication systems across PHY and RF is preferred
- Background in one or more of the following skills and experience will be an advantage:
- Solid experience in using test equipment such as signal generators/analysers and spectrum analysers
- Demonstrated skills in design of communications simulation tools
- Wireless physical layer (PHY) algorithm design including baseband processing and DFE to mitigate RF distortions
- Standard conformance testing and test infrastructure development skills
- Experience in close cooperation with RFIC companies for RF integration of BBU and RRU /RF modules/antenna modules
- Experience in serving as PC of ITF/non-ITF research projects to drive innovative technologies
- Good written and verbal communication and presentation skills is a plus
- Programming/scripting skills in MATLAB, Python, C/C++ is a plus
- Lives ASTRI values
The appointment will be on renewable contract terms with a competitive salary and performance-linked variable pay. Fringe benefits include paid leave, medical and dental benefits, insurance coverage and contribution to MPF. The incumbent will normally work a five-day week.
Interested candidates, please send an application (quoting Ref. No.) with a detailed resume, current and expected salary to Talent Acquisition via email to [email protected]. The resume should not include any sensitive personal information such as HKID or passport number, photo, etc.
Position offer is subject to the applicant’s experience and academic qualification. The application will be open until the position is filled. Only short-listed candidates will be notified. ASTRI reserves the right not to fill the position.