Antenna Research and Development Centre
The ASTRI Antenna R&D Centre combines both experienced engineering talents with industrial grade measurement facilities and equipment. The engineering team has solid experience in both far-field antenna and near-field RF coil designs. The Centre offers a wide range of antenna/coil design and measurement services from advanced measurement to complete designs, from project inception to final production.
The design team develops antennas for mobile and fixed wireless applications, providing solutions for all applications that require high performance technology. Patented antenna technology and application-driven expertise are used as basis for designing unique customized antennas.
Designing an antenna takes 5-7 days. A single antenna design with a complete measurement report will be delivered as a result. The Centre also provides consultancy and measurement services, which include passive (antenna efficiency, gain) and active (TRP, TIS) measurements, data analysis, reporting and suggestions of antenna/device performance improvement.
Miniaturization: This is currently the driving force in almost all areas of electronics. Therefore, a miniature internal antenna is essential in providing a competitive product. ASTRI Antenna R&D Centre pioneered in providing small antenna designs that can be directly integrated into communication devices.
Better efficiency and gain: Antenna efficiency and gain translate directly into receiver sensitivity and battery lifetime of portable devices. The Centre develops antennas that achieve efficiencies very close to the theoretical limit.
Multi-band: Ubiquitous connectivity is a common requirement for communication systems. The Centre designs antennas with multiple frequency bands allowing inter-operability of different communication systems and standards within a single component.
Cost reduction: The Centre offers competitive technologies and solutions suitable for mass production which requires reduced material and processing costs. When designing an antenna, we need to provide optimum combination of performance and size at a reasonable cost. For this, state-of-the-art commercial simulation tools, a fast prototyping infrastructure, modern measurement and testing facilities are employed.
- Beam-forming smart antenna: ASTRI’s beam-forming antenna comprises multiple high gain antenna elements capable of forming a number of unique antenna patterns along with system software
- Jamming system: In-house developed jamming system improves road toll performance
- Isolation technique: Two MIMO antennas on one end of a USB dongle, mutual coupling between antennas are effectively suppressed with isolation over 15 dB or more
- Miniaturized tri-band GSM antenna: The antenna occupies even less space than that in mobile phone, with dimensions of only 22.8 × 13 mm2
- Direction finding antennas: An innovative idea of employing a radiation null to locate source direction
- Base station antenna solution: Dual-polarized antenna array for outdoor coverage
- Near-field coils: Low frequency coils for MRI or NFC applications
Antenna Radiation Measurement System (up to 6 GHz)
- 3D spherical active and passive radiation measurement
- 2D cylindrical radiation measurement for base station antenna
SAR Measurement System
- Fast (under 5 mins) SAR measurement
- Pre-compliance testing
- Several 2-port/4-port vector network analysers (VNA) (up to 8-GHz)
- HFSS and CST
- SAR optimization, field and current visualizations
- 3D plastic printer for rapid prototyping
- PCB quick circuit machine for rapid PCB prototyping.